With Harley, and Miss Travelaire

With Harley, and Miss Travelaire

Monday, 3 March 2014

Quiet Day

We left our campsite Sunday morning just coming on 10am, and drove down Interstate 5 to Roseburg, OR, arriving at Covenant Grace Orthodox Presbyterian church just nicely in time for their 11 am service. For any of you who may not know, Doreen and I met and were married in an Orthodox Presbyterian Church in Hamden, Connecticut just two months over 40 years ago. It was interesting that the pastor was preaching in Philippians 4, having been doing a series in Philippians. Interesting because Pastor Dunlop in our church in Victoria has just finished this week a multi-month series in Philippians.

 

I am really mad at myself because I forgot to take a picture of the church building, and here I had resolved to provide more pictures! It was an interesting old church building that the OPCs were using, but seemed to belong to a catering business called Jasmine's. I looked Jasmine's web site up, and they provide restaurant facilities, dancing, a wedding chapel etc. etc. The place we were meeting was perhaps the wedding facility, I don't know. In lieu the church picture, to keep up with my picture taking, I have a photo here of the church bulletin, which had an interesting emblem on it.

 

We drove on down the road (I5) a short ways to Valley of the Rogue State Park. It had been raining on and off all day, but it mostly let up by the time we got to the park. This park is on the Rogue River, a fairly significant fast flowing river which travels from the vicinity of Crater Lake about 250 miles down to the coast. We sat and ate peanuts for lunch (!), and afterwards went for a walk down by the river. We sat out and read for a while, and had a pretty quiet day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment