With Harley, and Miss Travelaire

With Harley, and Miss Travelaire

Friday, 14 March 2014

More Mexican Food - Yummy!

Click on all photos to enlarge

We sat out in the warm sun for awhile in the morning, and then packed up and left this nice park.

On our way to Tucson, we passed by Kitt Peak National Observatory, some of whose telescopes can be seen in this picture. In my younger days, I probably went up this mountain a hundred times to use these telescopes. I tried to talk Doreen into driving up there, but she would have none of it. Ah - she just doesn't know what she's missing!

We wanted to go out for Mexican food tonight, so I wanted a place to park for the night that was easy to get to at a later hour. None of the Walmarts around Tucson allow overnight parking - it's not the Walmarts, but the city that causes that. So we headed to the Casino del Sol, which is outside the city limits. Casinos are usually places that allow RVs to park for free, and since they are well lit, secure and quiet, they fit the bill. I suppose they get a lot of business from the RV crowd - they don't get any from us.

 

We checked out the parking situation there, and then headed over to the Arizona Desert Museum for the afternoon. Doreen wasn't keen on this either, but I insisted. She lasted for a little while and then went back to the motorhome while I continued touring around. It wasn't as great as I had hoped, and not worth the entrance fee, but we did see a few interesting things like these pussy cats.

After the museum, it was off to the La Fuente Restaurant for Mexican food. The food wasn't nearly as good as the Mexican meal we had last week, but they had a really good Mariachi band, which was the main reason we went to this particular place. They were incredibly good harmony singers!

 

Then off we went back to the casino, where we parked amongst all the other RVs, after a very full day. I took Tanner outside for a walk, and counted 53 RVs, and I probably missed a few!

No comments:

Post a Comment