With Harley, and Miss Travelaire

With Harley, and Miss Travelaire

Saturday, 29 March 2014

Not Much To Report

It's a good thing we came upon this big statue of Sam Houston today, or I wouldn't have had anything at all to talk about. Now this thing was BIG! I know I'm short, but the top of my head didn't even come up to the top of the hedge around the bottom of the base. This statue was on the side of the road, Interstate 45, and we pulled off at the exit to get a better look. There was a really big visitor center, but it was closed.
 
As you can see Sam was a big man in these parts.
 
Other than that, it was a completely sunny day today in the mid 70s, and the humidity of the last couple of days was gone, so it was pretty pleasant. We traveled on just a short distance today to another Army Corps of Engineer's campground called Hanks Creek Park (N31 16 10.9, W94 23 51.7), on Sam Rayburn Reservoir.
 
When all else fails, take a picture of the campsite!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment