With Harley, and Miss Travelaire

With Harley, and Miss Travelaire

Friday, 28 March 2014

Just Call Me Mr. President

Being president isn't a bad job. Here I am in the Oval Office on the phone to President Putin, telling him he better smarten up.
 
We visited the Bush Presidential Library at A&M University today. That's Bush 41, not 43. These presidential libraries, I find, are really interesting. We visited the Reagan library a few years ago, and it was probably even more interesting than this one. Doreen was in and out in no time, and then had to wait for me as I wandered slowly through :)
 
We didn't travel far today, just a short trip from our campsite of last night to College Station, where A&M University is situated, and then another short trip this afternoon from there to a Forrest Service campsite called Cagle Recreation Area (N30 31 26.6, W95 35 23.4) in Sam Houston National Forrest.
 
We sat and enjoyed the warm sunshine after we got settled in, and then went for a walk on a trail around the campgrounds. It is really feeling humid now, not so comfortable as in the desert. We cooked hamburgers on a campfire for supper. Here's the chief cook doing her thing.
 
We just got things cooked and eaten in time, as a thunderstorm rolled through just before 7pm and soaked the ground. The clouds just before the storm were really different. The storm cooled things down nicely.
 
At our last campground yesterday, each campsite had these odd things stuck on a pole. I have no idea what they were for - does anyone know?
 

4 comments:

  1. I think those keep the ufo's away. They have that problem down there

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way - you look good behind the presidential desk - we can tell psalm things are going to change

    ReplyDelete