![]() |
| Click on all photos to enlarge |
You can see the lower portions of Mount Shasta beyond the RVs and trucks (our RV is in the foreground) in the picture above. The rest of the mountain is in the thick clouds of sunny California. Mount Shasta is one of the row of volcanic mountains in the northwest that includes Mt. Baker, Rainier, Hood etc.
Had a time finding a camping spot this afternoon. We drove in to a place called Lower Salt Creek Shoreline Campground, which is a Forrest Service campground, much like the Forrestry campgrounds back home. But it turned out to be a remote place that was much like a gravel pit, and we didn't feel like spending the night there all by ourselves. So we headed on down near Redding, CA, to Whiskeytown National Recreational Area campground at Brandy Creek. Well, this place was a little better - much like a parking lot. We might have been better off going to Walmart. It was cheap though. The winter rates are $7.00, but since Doreen is a US citizen, and has an "American The Beautiful" senior citizen's pass, we get it at half price!!


well you successfully smuggled the stuff over the border, and then to illegally changed your address. you know one day you're going to get caught doing all this scheming and
ReplyDeleteillegal activity. just know that I still love you and I'll visit you guys in jail. Maybe you shouldn't have made this blog public, as I'm sure they're watching you. Lol. have a great trip and I hope you guys are having fun
Hi! We just log on & seemed to get in fine but msybe thst is because you changed to `Public`. Where are you in relationship to La Quinta, in the greater Palm Springs area?
ReplyDeleteYou're in Southern California, where the sun shines. We're in Northern California, where there is no sun, unfortunately! But, we're getting there slowly!
ReplyDeleteI knew I shouldn't have let Stephen into this blog! Mmmm.... I wonder if there is a way of excluding just some people.
ReplyDelete