I couldn't resist this picture of another bird, because these birds are so cute. They are called Cattle Egrets, and they are fairly small, about a foot or a bit more tall. And they usually strut around in groups picking at the ground.
Some campers near us had a real contraption for a RV. I managed to get a series of pictures this morning as they packed up before pulling out. Never saw anything like this before.
Then I came across this guy (and his wife was taking pictures), who was playing dead, lying on ther ground. And all around him were about a dozen or more Vultures, just thinking about having dinner. But as you can see in this picture, he came alive. What a disappointment!
There were lots of Cocoanut trees in the park, and they were loaded with Cocoanuts.
In the late morning, we set off and visited a place in the park where there are lots of wildlife in a swampy area. (If you could call alligators wildlife - there's not too much life there as far as I can see!) I think these trees that grow right in the water are quite neat. One always thinks of water killing trees, but not around here. If you look really really closely at this picture, there is a baby alligator in there.
There were lots of different kinds of birds too, but I won't bore you with more birds - and turtles, but they only stuck there noses out of the water, because they didn't like getting their pictures taken. And of course there were the numerous alligators. But when you've seen one, you've seen them all. Although, I detected some slight movement a couple of times today - how exciting! And again, the water was just teaming with good sized fish.
Doreen liked this tree at the visitor building, so she let me take her picture standing by it. When she rarely decides she wants her picture taken, it usually turns out good!









Nice pic - luv u
ReplyDelete