When I got up this morning, I found these Sea Gulls resting in the Walmart parking lot, before they embark on a hard days work finding food.
We set off in good time to make it to church, and the GPS lady cooperated this time, so we got there with time to spare. We attended Immanuel Presbyterian Church, a PCA church about 8 miles from the Walmart store we parked at. Now, it may be just a coincidence, but we've attended churches of several denominations on this trip, and found all the churches very unfriendly except for two. By unfriendly, I mean that after the service no one but the pastor said two words to us. (Now, in offering this criticism I have to admit that we are not overly outgoing ourselves!) However, we have been to just two PCA churches, and the people in both of these churches went out of their way to talk to us afterwards and find out all about what we were doing and what church we attended etc. etc. And the singing today was amazing in that it was loud! I don't know whether every one there takes lessons or what, but they could sing! I don't think it was the acoustics of the building, because one woman said that they had bought that building from an optical company, and had just done a few renovations to make a sanctuary. And, I didn't mention, the sermon was good too!
After the service, we set off over the long, long, long bridge/tunnel to the east side of Chesapeake Bay. Did I mention that it was a LONG bridge/tunnel? I had looked for places to camp last night, but had a hard time, and had decided to go to a National Park campground a lot further up than I'd have liked to travel today. After traveling a half hour or so beyond the bridge, we pulled over for a break, and then we had a change of mind. After finding the GPS coordinates, from our previous trip, for Doreen's sister Nina's place that is just along here, we decided to detour to there and camp in their yard again. It turns out, we were only about 10 minutes from there where we were stopped.
What a beautiful spot this is, and although I have about the same picture from our previous visit here, I couldn't resist taking more pictures looking out over the water (that's Chesapeake Bay). That big tree is one of my favorite trees on the planet, especially silhouetted against the evening sky at sunset.




No comments:
Post a Comment