With Harley, and Miss Travelaire

With Harley, and Miss Travelaire

Monday, 23 February 2015

Miss Travelaire Has A Shower

When I woke up last night at midnight, it was just pouring a heavy rain, and it continued for an hour until I went back to sleep. I had visions of Miss Travelaire's feet slowly sinking into the sand! But later in the night I awoke and the rain had stopped, and when I went out this morning the ground seemed not much different than before. I was still worried about Miss Travelaire getting her feet stuck in the sand, but she managed to tippy toe out of the campsite onto the sandy road, and up that road to put her feet onto solid pavement.
 
The sky is still cloudy, and it is cool and moist, so it feels really cold. We can get this at home; why are we down here for Victoria weather? And to make it all worse, the weather in Victoria is bright and sunny! Oh well, I guess this makes up for our nice warm sunny weather (well above normal) for the two previous weeks while it rained up north.
 
We wanted a nice campground for today, and we headed for a place where we had stayed and liked last year. It is the Desert Willows RV Resort (N34 25 43.5, W117 23 14.2), in Hesperia a couple of hours drive along Interstate 15, one of the freeways going into the Los Angeles area. And we got assigned the same campsite as last time; this one has a nice little grassy area right beside that Tanner likes to use instead of that awful desert. This place is a little south of where we were yesterday, but we will be making our way north from now on.
 
After leaving our camp, this morning we drove along a road that had dips which tended to have some water left in them, and it turned out that water was very muddy. The first time we stopped, we saw that Miss Travelaire needed a bath badly. There was mud all over her bottom! So, after Doreen finished doing a laundry, we headed on over to a car/truck wash a mile down the road, and after a half hour and many quarters in the slot, Miss Travelaire is looking trim and proper!
 
Half the time at these car washes is spent washing the vehicle, and the other half loading quarters in the slot!
 
In the evening, Doreen and I went out to Don Garcia's Mexican restaurant for another delicious Mexican meal. We had gone to this same restaurant last year when we visited this RV resort, and we coudn't resist a second round!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment