I have heard from a couple of people that they were not able to leave a comment on my blog, and I have not had any comments for several weeks. So, I'm wondering if this is a universal problem (or just lack of interest). I have found from reading forums on the internet that this is a common problem. So, I have changed the way comments are displayed (not as nice) because this seems to be a solution that many people have suggested works. So, if you were unable in the past to leave a comment, maybe you could try again.
We went for a walk around the campground loop this morning, which is probably a mile or so. It is hard not to take pictures of the scenic sandstone cliffs!
And Joshua Trees
And rocks teetering on top of other rocks. It would take quite an effort for man to lift that huge rock up on there!
After our walk and admiring the scenery, we set off for an hour or so drive to the northwest to the Lake Isabella region. Route 178 going through Lake Isabella is a really windy, hilly road, and gives Miss Travelaire a good workout. And we have camped at Pioneer Point Camground (N35 38 56.8, W118 29 12.8), which is quite a bit more like home than the desert places we've been used to the last few weeks.
It has trees, for example.
And I took advantage of that, in that there was all sorts of firewood lying around if you worked at it. And we had a rip-roaring campfire this evening. And notice I'm in shorts and short sleeves; it's getting up close to 70 F these days, not as warm as the last couple of weeks, but better than a few days ago!
As for Lake Isabella, there is hardly any water left in it. We were in this area last year, and the water was low, but now it doesn't even make it up to the dam that is supposed to hold it back. That's how bad the drought has been in California the last few years.








No comments:
Post a Comment