Well, we survived the night even though it wasn't a 24 hour Walmart. Miss Travelaire snuggled up close to a big transport truck that was parked for the night too.
The GPS lady, along with Miss Travelaire combined to get us to church on time this morning. We had about a 50 minute drive down into Portland to The First Orthodox Presbyterian Chruch. It was a beautiful high ceilinged building, which looked quite modern, but a lady told us it was built in 1960. The congregation was established 70 years ago. The main thing of note was the organ, as the organist surely had a heavy hand (or two hands, I guess). And I don't even think they had a sound guy to up the volume! The decibels were such that you could just start to feel your bones vibrate. The singing was really good but the only one I could hear above the organ was Doreen.
There was a good message also; it was on the outside of the bulletin.
After church we drove on down Interstate 5 for awhile and stopped in by a Starbucks where I typed this up while Doreen made a sandwich.
Then we continued down further to Valley of the Rogue State Park (N42 24 28.1,W123 08 31.0). We've been here at least a couple of times before; it's a good starting out point to climb up over Siskiyou Pass near the border with California. You have to have chains for the back wheels, but Miss Travelaire says she never ever wants to be in chains! The temperatures are so much above normal right now though, I don't think there is any problem.



No comments:
Post a Comment