With Harley, and Miss Travelaire

With Harley, and Miss Travelaire

Tuesday, 18 February 2025

Wow! Same Campground for Another Night!


The trees in this campsite are so beautiful.  I don’t know what this white tree is in the foreground; a lot of the trees, like the big one here, are some sort of eucalyptus.


So, the project for today was to go down to the bridge across the Colorado River overlooking Hoover Dam.  When we were here 6 years ago, Doreen would not climb up the hill to the bridge, and I went up by myself and saw the great views of the Hoover Dam.  Today, Doreen agreed that she would go up.  Here is the walkway up the hill to the bridge.  It goes back and forth so many times that you hardly know you are climbing. (although Doreen seemed to know!)


Miss Travelaire is always so patient; here she is waiting in the parking lot for us to return.  They don’t allow pets up the walkway, so Harley is waiting with Miss Travelaire, but not so patiently.


So Doreen, with much effort, made it to the top.  Now the walkway is built so that there is absolutely nothing to fear, a big concrete wall separating us from the cars and trucks on the road, and a high railing on the other side facing out off the bridge.


But Doreen stopped and refused to go out onto the bridge after all the effort of coming up the walkway!  No way could I convince her to come any further.  So, I went out just far enough to take this picture, and then we returned to Miss Travelaire.  I didn’t care to go further for more pictures, because I took lots on our previous trip to Hoover Dam. You can see about our previous trip if you click on 2019 in the sidebar.


Miss Travelaire was hungry, so we stopped and fed her some gas on the way back to the campground.  It sure makes a difference for someone as hungry as Miss Travelaire when the gas in Nevada is about $1.50 per gallon cheaper than in woke California!


Doreen lay down to recuperate from her ordeal of not crossing the bridge this morning, so Mr. Cube took Harley and me out for a ride this afternoon.  There is the greatest bike path all along parallel to the road and overlooking Lake Mead.  It was a beautiful ride, and I think Harley really enjoyed it, unlike the cold winter rides I took him on back home.  I figured I had to do this since everyone in the comments was complaining about me leaving Mr. Cube all wrapped up in his cover on the back of the motorhome.


Here’s the whole bunch.  Mr. Cube, me and Harley, and Miss Travelaire.  Doreen couldn’t be there because she was taking the picture.


Although we are staying another night in the same campground, we changed campsites, just for variety!  It overlooks Lake Mead, and in the evening the sun made a colourful painting of the mountains across the Lake.


Later on, I lit a little bit of a campfire to keep warm.  It always cools off at night in the desert.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great eventful day!! Way to go Mom for getting up to the top!

    ReplyDelete