With Harley, and Miss Travelaire

With Harley, and Miss Travelaire

Tuesday, 11 February 2025

Now That’s Weird!

 So yesterday our GPS (Mr. Garmen) completely froze every time I tried to plan a route, to our destination.  We really missed our GPS lady with her Australian accent giving Miss Travelaire directions on where to go, and what lane to be in for the next turn.  Google Maps App just doesn’t compare!  But today, I tried putting in our route and it worked perfectly all day.  Now how do you account for that!  The only thing I can figure is that some maps I loaded onto Mr. Garmen’s memory, ones in the Seattle area, were corrupt.


It was really cold last night where we were at the rest stop.  But we ran our propane furnace, and that made for a good sleep.  And things seemed to quiet down except for the distant sound of trucks in their parking area running their engines (we parked in the car parking lot).  In the morning I took Harley out on his long 30 foot leash for some play time on the large grassy area nearby.

We got away at about 9:10 after coffee and breakfast and headed south through Portland, where we seemed to get a complete tour of the city.  There was a traffic jam, which made Mr Garmen change the route from I-5 to I-205 and I-84 back to I-5 plus a few city streets to boot!  We made it all the way to Valley of the Rogue State Park by late afternoon.  We’ve been to this park quite a few times, as it is a good jumping-off point to travel up over the mountain passes into California in the middle of the day.  This time the weather looks really good for tomorrow, with no snow expected.


I took Harley for a walk on his long leash around the park and then tried to get him to pose for a picture at our campsite.  After about the 20th try, I finally got this picture.


Harley has settled in pretty well now and has his own routines.  He has a favorite spot for traveling, sitting on the bench at the dinette and looking out the window as the scenery goes by.  Here, at our campsite he is in his spot, but he’s not usually sprawled out across the table!  He doesn’t like being up between Doreen and me, which was Tanner’s spot, because he doesn’t like the sound of Miss Travelaire’s engine.
Today’s travel.         Our complete trip.


2 comments:

  1. Lots of dog photos! 👍 I think he’s looking for Sarah outside the window ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Just read your update for today. Sounds like things are going along nicely. Maybe the sound of the base guitar amp made Harley’s hearing extra sensitive. Have a good night. (T&S ❤️🙏🏼)

    ReplyDelete