Today is the big day for traveling over the mountain passes into California. After taking Harley for a walk and playtime, we got ready to leave. I figured since we had full hookups here, I might as well let Miss Travelaire dump her tanks, and then we got away at about 10:00, heading south. It is a beautiful sunny day through the passes, but as we got into California there was a hazy cloud beginning to form.
Passing by Mount Shasta I took this ritual photo of Mount Shasta from the same rest area I have taken probably half a dozen of the same photos. But this time you could see the whole mountain instead of a mountain base under a cloud cover.
I hadn’t planned where to camp for the night until we were down into the central valley of California where we did a small grocery shopping in Redding. But I found a small California State campsite called Sycamore Grove Campground (N40 09 20.2, W122 12 05.1) just outside of Red Bluff, and we decided to try it out. It turned out to be quite good, apart from the fact that you had to make a reservation in order to camp there. There were very few campers and lots of available sites, but you still had to go on the internet and make a $8 reservation.
The campsite is on the Sacramento River, which is quite a going concern; it looks like about a quarter of a mile across.
Harley gets quite bored with us two old foggies!
![]() |
| Today’s Travel. Complete Trip |





This is Anonymous (Alias T&S). Thanks for the update of your travels and the great photos. Do you have a destination in mind or will you stay where you are for awhile. The weather here is still on the cool side so it’s perfect timing for you to head south for ‘our’ winter 😂. Have a good night and we are sure Harley is having fun. Luv2both (T&S ❤️🙏🏼)
ReplyDelete…. I guess we don’t have to be anonymous any more 😂
ReplyDeleteHow did you do that?
ReplyDelete