Eric & Sarah and Kids were off to a waterslide park nearby this morning. Doreen lay in bed until past noon, while I wandered around the campground and went for a hike down the road. We finally decided to leave at around 2pm, and made the awful trek to the ferry along highways 1 and 10 with heavy traffic all the way.
When we arrived at the ferry just before 4pm, we were hit with a two sailing wait. I should have reserved a place like Eric and Sarah did later on, but I never thought on a week day it would be this bad. But waiting it out with Miss Travelaire is not so bad.
With all the delays, we were finally home by 8pm or so. The score? I think it rained (or snowed) at every campsite except the first one or two and the last one! Nevertheless, it was a great trip. Miss Travelaire performed beyond expectations, even though she had a sore foot for awhile.
No comments:
Post a Comment