With Harley, and Miss Travelaire

With Harley, and Miss Travelaire

Monday, 12 May 2014

Saskatchewan 1, Manitoba 0

Yesterday, we made excuses for Manitoba and Northern Ontario's bad roads, as being due to the harsh winters. But today, we traveled a good way through Saskatchewan, which I'm sure has just as harsh winters, and the roads were smooth as a baby's bottom. Well, that's a bit of an exageration, I guess. And the wheat fields, even though last year's stalks are cut close to the ground, were pretty, along with the small towns with their grain elevators, like this old one. There were some modern ones too, but I didn't take a picture of any of them. I suppose that it being a sunny day today gave Saskatchewan the edge, but Doreen still scores it far above Manitoba.
 
It was cold and windy again today, even with the sun shining brightly. So, we didn't feel like paying for a real campground just to park for the night, and we headed to another Husky Truck Stop, this time on the north side of Saskatoon. Everyone we talk to the last week or so says what a terrible winter and late spring they've had around here. The temperatures have consistently been away below normal for spring time. I guess they have to make up for all the global warming in Washington. So, we made this just another long driving day (for us), and covered just over 550 km. After we got in and got settled, we went in to the Husky Restaurant for dinner (our campground fee :) We are parked right under the big Canadian flag, which was really flapping in the wind earlier on, but seems to be settling down for the night. We figured it was a nice noise anyway, and wouldn't bother us sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment