As I mentioned yesterday, the wind picked up during the day, and it continued all night long. Miss Travelaire was a rockin and a rollin! I slept ok for the first half of the night, but then there started up a noise of something flapping against something. I got up, and rearranged the dishes in the sink, and got back in bed. It started up again. I got up and put up the blind on the window above the sink. It started again. I got up, and then determined that it was outside. It was the end of the ribbon that pulls down the awning that I hadn't tucked in far enough the last time I put the awning back in place. It was flapping against the side of the motorhome. It flapped for the rest of the night, and I didn't get much sleep after that. Miss Travelaire was doing the rumba all night long!
This was a cold front coming through, and although it didn't involve thick cloud and rain as it would at home, it involved about a 20 degree drop in temperature. Looking at the weather forecasts, I can see our nice warm sunny vacation just came to an end. It looks like about a 15 degree lower temperature than normal for the next couple of weeks. So, I guess we are northward bound. Looking at the forecasts, it may be difficult getting over the passes at the California/Oregon border because they predict snow pretty much every day. We'll see how it goes. Miss Travelaire insists she won't put chains on her feet!
There were dire warnings on the weather channel of high winds which might tip RVs over, so we were apprehensive about starting out today. But, we did set out, and as long as we kept the speed down, we managed ok. Miss Travelaire likes to wander back and forth on these occasions, and you have to keep a tight leash on her, but we soldiered on, and headed in a north/westerly direction to Boron, CA, where we are now parking in Arabian RV Oasis (N35 00 17.1, W117 39 01.0). It's a private RV park, which is a bit on the old and dilapidated side, but has all the full hookups, laundry, and showers. The picture shows Doreen inside Miss Travelaire devouring Cheez-its (getting her fill, because you can't buy these in Canada!)
Not a day for doing anything, like taking pictures, as the wind would blow your camer away if you stepped outside. It is dying down now, and is supposed to be a good day tomorrow, except for the cold. We might as well be in Victoria where I see it is sunny and cold just like here!
No comments:
Post a Comment