Well, look what we woke up to this morning! And Miss Travelaire says she doesn't want to deal with that stuff. Interstate 5 was all blocked up with several accidents north of here, so we just stayed put for awhile this morning until everything cleared up. And it did clear up finally by about 11am, and we got away at about 11:45. The roads by this time were all bare, and Miss Travelaire was happy as an RV can be.
We traveled up to a Walmart parking lot just south of Portland, arriving at about 4:30pm. Portland was in the middle of rush hour, and google and apple maps were indicating blockages in every road going though there, so we just waited for an hour or so. I wanted to get past Portland without having to deal with rush hour today or tomorrow. By 6pm, it looked like it was clearing up, and we drove the last bit through Portland to a Super Walmart at Battle Ground, WA, which is part of Vancouver, WA. (N45 46 16.8, W122 32 56.3). Even though it meant driving in the dark, it is better than driving in rush hour! We are parked right here beside a truck, in which I presume the driver is sleeping, and it's always nice to park under a big bright light. We stocked up on Cheez-its and beer to take back to Canada, of course (You can't buy Cheez-its in Canada, you know).
We had one hiccup, on the way up here, which caused us a half or 3/4 hour delay. We pulled in to a rest stop, and I forgot that I had my lights on. After our stop, I went to start up Miss Travelaire, and her battery was dead again. This time, it wasn't in a very convenient spot to get a boost, so I unhooked the battery and replace it with one of the RV batteries (Miss Travelaire has three of them, so she doesn't really miss one too much.) It was a bit of a chore fitting it in place because the RV batteries are a little bigger, but with a bit of effort, I finally managed. I guess we really do need a new battery.
No comments:
Post a Comment