Yesterday, we pulled into a view point behind a truck loaded with tomatoes. I got to talking to the truck driver; he said "it must be nice living up in Canada; I hate living here. I spend half my time in jail!" Turns out he said he had just come to Christ, and he asked me to pray for him, which I did. Told him he needed to find a good church, one with "Reformed" in the name.
Here's the scene at the view point. One of the aqueducts carrying water to southern California.
Our campsite last night at the KOA was good, with WiFi, laundry, swimming pool, and full hookups (although the weather is not nearly so hot now, and the electricity not as necessary.) I actually went in for a swim (and felt a little sick afterwards - too many somersaults!) We spent the whole morning before getting away at about noon!
We had to decide which way to get from southern California to northern California: through Stockton/Sacramento, through San Francisco, or in between. We decided on the latter, and headed for the Napa Valley, which we thought Eric and Sarah might like to see. It's beautiful country, full of small wineries like this one.
We decided to try the Bothe-Napa State Park (N38 32 58.7, W122 30 51.8). It's a weekend, and we were pretty sure it would be full, but thought we'd try anyway. When we arrived, there was a sign "campground full". But the attendant said they had an overflow area, and we were welcome to camp there (for $35!) We were expecting a gravel parking lot, but it turned out to be a really nice spot, just like a regular campsite.
Sarah's mom bought the kids bubble guns at Disneyland, and the last couple of days they have had lots of fun with these!







No comments:
Post a Comment