With Harley, and Miss Travelaire

With Harley, and Miss Travelaire

Thursday, 9 July 2015

At Sea

Last evening we set out from Ensenada at about 6:30 pm while we were having dinner. Later on, I went on deck with our GPS which I had brought on board (the GPS lady was silent on this voyage), and I found that we were cruising along due west at about 10 to 12 mph. We continued this course straight out from Ensenada due west until I went to bed last night. In the morning when I got up, the GPS indicated that we were about 80 or 90 miles out due west of Ensenada, and we were just sitting or perhaps just moving enough to keep the ship headed in a northerly direction. We sat like this all morning and well into the afternoon before we started to pick up speed to about 6 or 7 mph. There was no scheduled port of call for today, just "Fun at Sea" as they called it.
 
Here's the scenery for today, not as good as the Alaska cruise.
 
The biggest change of scenery was this aircraft carrier that went by in the afternoon.
 
Meanwhile, all the kids were enjoying the midship area with loud "music" swimming pool and hot tubs, while their parents sat and baked in the sun with their expensive drinks.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment