We were up and away by about 9am this morning, and Miss Travelaire and the GPS lady directed us to Faith Orthodox Presbyterian Church in Grants Pass, Oregon. That was about an hour and a half drive south on I-5. This church confirmed to us that the OPC is probably the unfriendliest denomination out there. Doreen and I met and were married in an OPC church, but I don't remember it being this unfriendly. Maybe I should send an email to the denomination and tell them what I think :)
After church, we continued south, in the rain, up and over Siskiyou Pass and into California. The temperature was plenty warm enough that the rain didn't turn to snow (or we wouldn't have been traveling!) Then it was in to California, and past Mount Shasta. We've had pictures of this mountain pretty much on all of our trips, and the top is almost always in the clouds. That fuzzy bird looking thing is not a bird; it's a chip on our windshield, which I got fixed suposedly at Speedy Auto Glass last year. But it was a very young looking gal who did the job, and I'm not sure she knew what she was doing!
Finally, after decending from the 4300 foot Siskiyou summit on the Oregon/California border, we arrived in the northern tip of the Central Valley of California, at about 500 feet elevation.
Here we are at a private campground in Redding, CA. There are full hookups here, which is good, but there are no restrooms or showers! So, we'll probably try out our little shower (about 1 1/2 foot square :) in the back of Miss Travelaire! The trees are all out in blossom here just like the cherry blossoms back home! And the temperature was plesant enough to sit out in our chairs and have a snack after we got in.





Your RV hardly takes up any room in that spot!
ReplyDeleteHow can a RV park not have showers?!?
Also... The title of your blog says "with Tanner dog", but I'm looking at him right here while I comment. So I don't think it's quite accurate.
ReplyDeleteNow showers! But there's really good WiFi !
ReplyDeleteI dealt with the "with Tanner dog" at the end of my firest post for this trip!
ReplyDeleteThe road less traveled may be bumpy at times, but the joy is in the journey, and the destiny is worth it all!
ReplyDeleteKeep on keeping on... And having Fun
Love Trev&Sheila❤️