We were up and away by 7:40am, heading out east (not back up that big hill that we came down into Borrego Springs), and up through a place called Mecca and on to Interstate 10. You can't keep Doreen in any one place for more than a day or two, and we used up the two days in Borrego Springs! Then it was all the way across I-10 into Arizona. Now I-10 is something else again. In parts it rivals the sourthern part of I-5 for roughness, and the worst part is that once you get into Arizona, the speed limit is 75 miles per hour for trucks as well as cars. In California trucks are limited to 55 mph, so Miss Travelaire can pretend she's a big truck and meander along with the rest of them. But on I-10 in Arizona, the trucks are barreling along at a speed Miss Travelaire doesn't dare try, especially rattling her bones over all the potholes.
In any event, we made it to a town called Tonopah, about 50 miles west of Phoenix, to a ritzy RV place called Saddle Mountain RV Park (N33 29 15.4, W112 56 09.5). We were there and parked by about 2pm mountain time. It was a pleasant 86 F (30 C) to sit out for our afternoon snack.
Doreen did a laundry. I did a swim, but couldn't convince Doreen to follow. It was a heated pool this time!
This park again has some pretty big RV types, including the huge double rear axel (lots of $$$) job from Alberta that you can see sticking out both ends of poor little Miss Travelaire. Of course he's pulling a full size tow vehicle to boot.
The sky was quite colourful this evening.





Looks absolutely gorgeous... Sounds like your having fun in the sun🌞 Sure wish we were there with You😏
ReplyDeleteMuch Love❤️