First order of business this morning, was showers for all in our tiny shower stall. Before showering we had to remove all the stuff we store in the shower stall, so our tiny home was a complete shambles for the duration. As you can see in the picture this is one tiny shower (the broom is for size comparison, not for scrubbing!), but everything went just fine; there was lots of hot water from our tiny hot water tank, and with water and sewer hookup we had all the water we needed. And, although this RV park has no washrooms or showers, they do have a great laundry, so Doreen did a little laundry just to keep up. And the WiFi here is the best of any RV park we've ever visited. Of course, we're parked right across from the park office!
Finally, it is a completely sunny sky this morning! Mind you, I see that there's supposed to be a few days of sunshine back home too, after a winter of rain! We took our time this morning, especially with Doreen doing the laundry, and we didn't get away until about 10:15am. It was really light traffic, and level straight road all the way to Sacramento, so the morning drive was quite pleasant. Of course the Sacramento/Stockton bottleneck changed all that! We made a short detour into Sacramento to a Frys Electronic Store where I'm posing outside of here in my shorts. We're now down to near sea level, so with the afternoon sun, the temperature is quite pleasant.
Wow, I've never seen anything like this; it was huge (or yuuuge as the Donald would say). You can see the size of it in this Google Maps view showing the tiny cars in the huge parking lot. I could have spent all day in there: Eric, you would have like this! I bought a power inverter (to convert 12 volts to 110 volts), as our old one died awhile back. And it was cheap! I probably payed 1/3 what it would have cost back home.
The drive from there down past Stockton was the usual bumpy concrete city interstate, and heavy traffic, but traffic that moved along just fine. And we arrived at Los Reis County Park (N37 49 37.1, W121 18 38.2) south of Stockton, just a couple of miles off I-5 at 4pm. It is a nice little park, with water and electricity.
The park is by the San Joaquin River, and there seems to be a quite a high dyke along side the river. The park is on the other side of the dyke. It was a beautiful evening with the sun setting over the still water of the river.






Maybe I should get you to get me one too!
ReplyDeleteToo late for now, we are long past Sacramento. But look on Fry's intenet site; if you want something, we may come across another store.
ReplyDelete