With Harley, and Miss Travelaire

With Harley, and Miss Travelaire

Saturday, 20 February 2016

This Is More Like It!

We both had a good night's sleep, after not getting a very long sleep the night before, and after all the slow traffic and rain yesterday. But we were up at 6:30am, and didn't take too long for breakfast before getting away (figuring the traffic would be lightest the earlier we set off.) And it was really light, at least at first, and the sun was shining (that is, for most of the time.) Now that's more like it after the disaster that was a nice afternoon drive yesterday through Seattle!
 
Pretty low on the excitement level for today, and not much for pictures. We stopped at a MacDonalds and I took this picture of our parking spot. Pretty bad when you have to resort to a picture of MacDonalds! While we were here, I used their WiFi to enrole for another month's worth of cellular data from AT&T. I already had money on a VISA gift card I bought last time we were down here, to use for payment. We just drove south on I-5. Stopped for gas at a Pilot Truck Stop, where the gas was $1.759 per gallon. For all the Canadian folks, that's about $0.70 a litre, I figure. This was a mistake, however; we went off at an I-5 exit, and it took about 5 miles to make it back onto the highway! And, in Oregon, by law the attendant has to fill your tank. He was busy, and it took about 15 minutes before he was finished. In all, it was 30 minutes before we were back to the spot on I-5 where we went off!
 
We camped at an Escapee's Club campground. I joined the Escappee's RV Club last year because they had a promotion on cheap memberships and they have a big data bank of places to camp for zero or cheap fees. This campground, called Timber Valley (N43 22 56.2, W123 18 11.2) is in the town of Sutherlin, OR. That's about 140 miles north of the California border. As you can see, the spaces are plenty big for Miss Travelaire. I like the pasword for the WiFi here in the campground: it's 12345678. I think that's one of the ones that's really secure isn't it? The fee is pretty cheap here for Escapees members, and there's electric, water, and sewer here, so we should have a comfortable night!
 
If you care to leave a comment (much appreciated), just click where it says "_ comments" below, and if you are one of the privileged, Google might just let you leave your comment.
 

1 comment: