With Harley, and Miss Travelaire

With Harley, and Miss Travelaire

Monday, 25 November 2019

Home, Flat Tire And All

After having our coffee, and getting ready to leave, I had a look at all Miss Travelaire's feet as I usually do, and sure enough one of her rear tires looked low.  They are double wheels, so when the air in one tire is low, the other still holds her up somewhat.  But sure enough, when I put an air gauge on it there was no air at all.  This is the third flat tire she's had this year, although one of those was due to a valve leak, not the tire.  I have an air pump with us, and after five minutes or so, I had her tire pumped up to 70 lbs.  After 10 or 15 minutes, the tire still seemed to be holding up, so we left, and I checked it several times along the way with no problem.  That was a relief, because jacking Miss Travelaire up, with her being such a big and hefty girl, it's really a pain.  Otherwise you call BCAA, but then have to wait for hours before going on.

It was about a two hour drive to the ferry in Port Angeles, and we arrived a couple of hours early for the 2pm ferry.  We just parked and stayed with Miss Travelaire and kept her company.  The ferry left right on time; it seemed a little windy and there was some rolling along the way as the Coho is prone to do, but it wasn't too bad.  Here we are with a sail past of the US Coast Guard, Port Angeles.


And here we are with a sail past of the Canadian Coast Guard, Victoria.


One of the first items of view entering Victoria now is the new sewage plant 😂.


And then all the awful modern condominiums the wreck that old Victoria skyline.



We were the first ones on the ferry after they filled the bow area with cars, so we were fairly quickly off and through Customs and Immigration.


There was no problem there, except he kept asking us about our trip.  I said we had higher than normal temperatures.  And he asked some more.  I said it only rained one day.  And he asked some more.  I said we visited some nice National Parks in Utah.  And he asked some more.  I said we traveled down along the Colorado River in Arizona and into California.  He asked how often we make a trip like this.  I said Oh, every couple of years or so.  And then finally got tired and let us go.

1 comment: