Just to show you I now have a neat banjo, here's a picture of the headstock:
The rain stopped last evening, and when we got up there was blue sky between the clouds. As the morning went by it got clearer, until by afternoon there was not a cloud in the sky. We headed on up Interstates 64 and 79 towards the northeast through West Virginia. I hate interstates as you know, but sometimes there just aren't any other roads going in the direction you want to go. This one was actually quite picturesque, as it winds it's way through the Appalachian "mountains", which were covered with trees in their autumn colours. It was a pretty uneventful day, apart from stopping at McDonalds for lunch, instead of making our own, and making some use of their WiFi connection. We headed for the above mentioned State Park. Well, when you see the word "Resort" in the title, you need to be concerned. When we finally found it, after a bit of trouble, the ladies at the entrance gate said there's no problem getting a campsite. "The cost will be $40 plus tax." Well, I said, I'd better talk to my wife! So I went back out to the motorhome, and Doreen and I discussed for some time whether to pay this outrageous fee, or go on for miles and find somewhere else to spend the night. But after a few moments, the lady came out, and said "how about if we give it to you for half price?" So, here we are (N38 56 56.7, W80 29 16.4) - one good thing about it is that there is a great WiFi connection!
This place, I gather, is a golfing resort - Eric and Trevor would like it here! There is a very nice looking golf course, and looking across the lake there is a huge hotel, or condo looking complex. Their internet site shows that the inside looks pretty plush. As it became dark you could see the lights of this complex reflecting across the lake:
Hi Robert and Doreen:
ReplyDeleteStill following you. No trouble connecting.
Took out the last of our tomatoes yesterday.
We still have ripening ones in the house.
D & M