With Harley, and Miss Travelaire

With Harley, and Miss Travelaire

Tuesday, 18 October 2011

Traveling Into Idaho

For some reason or other the font got all fouled up, and I can't seem to find the font I had - but this one is probably easier to read anyway!


I got up at about 7:30 and drove a couple of blocks from Walmart to Starbucks, where I got a cup of coffee and sat in an easy chair and used their WiFi on my computer.  Doreen was still in bed, but after she got up and we had breakfast, we drove over to Office Depot where I got a couple of computer files printed out that I had to fill in to do with our travel insurance.  Then we drove to the post office and mailed the filled out forms to the insurance company.  After all our chores were done, we got away at about 11:30am and set off straight south on Routes 195 and 95 into Idaho, and down to a little roadside campsite just north of a little place called Riggins ID.  It was a pretty little place named Twin Bridges campsite on the banks of a river.  There was just one other RV there, but later after dark another one came in.  Here's a picture of the campsite.  The coordinates are N45 39 37.0 W116 17 31.9.




The day started out cloudy, but the sun came out in the afternoon, and after dark the stars were beautiful as it was a really dark place.

Something that's really neat about our Garmin GPS is that it displays the highway speed limit beside the speed.  It started doing this as soon as we got into the States - it never did it in Canada.  When our speed exceeds the speed limit the numbers go red, then when you go below the speed limit they go black.  It is really a handy thing because often you miss the speed limit sign and you are never sure what the speed limit is.  It is amazing how accurate this speed limit display is - as you are going along the highway, it changes almost exactly where the sign is on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment