With Harley, and Miss Travelaire

With Harley, and Miss Travelaire

Wednesday, 4 March 2015

It Just Gets Worse!

The first couple of weeks of our trip were beautiful; the sun was so warm down in Borrego Springs, and along the Colorado River. But then into the third week sometime, a storm came through, and things cooled off. And the warmth never really recovered. Of course the last while, coming north hasn't helped. Well, last night was the ultimate. I hadn't even thought about it, but it went down well below freezing; fortunately we were hooked into electricity at the State park, so we had our trusty little heater working hard all night. But, what I hadn't thought about was that our water hose would freeze, and that's exactly what it did. I turned on the tap this morning and nothing came out, and when I went outside, I found our water hose stiff as could be. So, in order that we could coil it up and store it away, I had to thaw it out, and that's what this picture shows. We had to bring it inside where our heater was still working away, and within a half hour the hose limbered up and I was able to store it away again so we could get going.
 
It was north on Interstate 5 again this morning, through the middle of Portland, where we made a very slight detour to look into buying something (unsuccessfully) Eric wanted. Then it was north to Olympia, and up Route 101 alongside the Hood Canal (a slow windy road), to Port Angeles. We filled up with cheap American gas before heading to the land of high gas prices. And now we are camped at the Walmart store (N48 06 38.4, W123 21 37.8), ready to head for the Coho Ferry early in the morning, hoping to get on the 8:20 AM sailing to Victoria.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment