With Harley, and Miss Travelaire

With Harley, and Miss Travelaire

Sunday, 20 August 2017

Not More Traffic Today Than Usual

6:30 am traffic on I 5
(through our buggy windshield!)

 
 
We planned to get up early and get away in case of heavy traffic. But Doreen was up at 4:30 again wondering if I was getting up too! I didn't mean to get up that early! Anyway, we had a leisurely coffee, took our time, and we were still on the road by 6 am. There was quite a bit of traffic, I thought for that early in the morning, but it may have just been the usual for Interstate 5. No problem getting down to and through Portland; much better than week day traffic, I'm sure. Since it was so early, we sniffed out a Walmart and made use of their parking lot while I had a nap to make up for lost sleep the last couple of nights.
 
Immanuel's Reformed Church

 
It was a short 10 minute drive for Miss Travelaire and our GPS lady to get us over to Immanuel's Reformed Church for their 11 am service. This is a congregation of the United Reformed Churches in North America. It is a predominately Dutch congregation, and we talked at length after the service to an older Dutch dairy farmer, and reminded him to watch the reaction of his cows tomorrow during the solar eclipse :). Animals always have surprising reaction to total eclipses.
 
 
We are headed for our eclipse viewing campsite at Morning Star Community Church after lunch (in Walmart's parking lot again!). We won't have WiFi there, and I haven't bothered to pay for AT&T data time for just the short few days we will be here. So, I don't know when I will get the chance to post again. So, bye for
Now.
 
 
Morning Star Community Church
Wow! They have WiFi here! We arrived shortly after 2 pm, the check in time, and we had our pick of camping spots -- in the parking lot in front of the church :). That's Morning Star Community Church ahead of Miss Travelaire in the photo. It's a big church! The lady we talked to a few minutes ago said there would be about 600 people there for the evening service!

It's hard to get the whole church in one picture :)


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment