With Harley, and Miss Travelaire

With Harley, and Miss Travelaire

Sunday, 28 January 2018

A Very Uneventful Day For Writing A Blog Post!

We both woke up and decided to get up very early. And we were on the road before 7am. It was still dark out, and it started raining, of course, as soon as we got underway. But Miss Travelaire was not too upset, because, early on a Sunday morning the traffic isn't too very bad. By the time it got light out, the rain had stopped, and the rest of the day was mostly cloudy but quite bright.
 
We headed for Portland Oregon where we had picked out an Orthodox Presbyterian Church (with the boring name of "First") and Miss Travelaire and the GPS lady got us there in time for me to have a 15 minute nap befor church :). I didn't realize until we got there that we had already been to that church before. You can see a picture of the church and read about it in my post for 1st Feb 2015 entitled "At Least The Singing Was Good", so I didn't bother taking another picture this time. My complaint about the loud organ from my previous post seems to have been remedied.
 
After church, we drove to a Lowe's parking lot (hoping to get a WiFi connection, but without success), and had a bit of lunch before driving on down Interstate 5 for a couple of hours to Springfield OR, and we are here camped at Walmart. It's pretty bad when the only picture I could come up with today is Miss Travelaire sitting staring at the Walmart store!
 
There is WiFi here, but you have to go right in to the store to get it, which is very inconvenient! The reason I'm relying on WiFi is that AT@T is causing me all sorts of problems buying data time again. The last couple of trips, I just had to log in on the internet and use a VISA gift card, but this time they insist they can't do that from "this location"! I think I'll have to look up an AT&T store and go and pester them. We Canadians are the bane of the AT&T data suppliers! They hate us! Just go away; we don't want to sell you data time!
 

2 comments:

  1. Hello There!
    We think we have this blog up & running, looking forward to hearing about all your adventures in travel, both in the events on the road in Miss Travelaire, and on the Cruse!
    It will be like we are traveling along with you..... Know your in our Throughts and prayers for a wonderful trip!
    Much Love Trev & Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete