With Harley, and Miss Travelaire

With Harley, and Miss Travelaire

Thursday, 13 February 2014

We're Planning Another Trip South

Hope to take off around the end of February for another trip south! Doreen hopes to soak up that warm California sunshine for all her aches and pains. The Lord willing, and if Doreen doesn't change her mind, we will head down until we reach the Mexican border, and then head east. As of today, all seems to be a GO (after a few errands, and doctors and pharmacy visits!) We pray this will be a welcome break after a trying year this past year.

I don't think too many people, out of those who had access to it, looked that much at my blog the last time. But I've had a couple ask if I was going to do it again, so here goes.   My attempt this time will be to provide more pictures, which as I understand from worthy sources, are worth a thousand words. Another reason I'm doing this blog is that I've found it interesting myself to go back over the blog later on and remember our trip. Amazingly, Google seems to keep these blogs stored forever, and the posts for our 2011 trip are still here.

English, both literature and grammar, was not my best subject in school (more like my worst in fact); I would much rather have solved a complex mathematical equation that write an essay (although I've long since lost any mathematical skills as well). So please excuse my poor writing and spelling (the latter has vastly improved since the invention of spelling checkers!) In the days before computers the secretaries at the observatory used to laugh at the drafts of my papers they had to type, with all the interesting spelling and grammar.

1 comment:

  1. If you feel like leaving a comment, it would be much appreciated by us.

    ReplyDelete